2007年6月29日金曜日

NEWS --- Baby dies after high school girl gives birth at school

NAGAOKA, Niigata -- An 18-year-old high school girl has given birth to a baby boy at her school, but he soon died, police said.

Local police are questioning the girl over the details of her delivery and when her baby died, suspecting that she may be accused of murder.

The girl is believed to have delivered the baby in a women's restroom at a prefectural high school in Nagaoka she attends at about 5 p.m. on Tuesday, investigators said. Shortly after she gave birth, she called a friend on her mobile phone from the restroom asking for help. Alerted by the friend, teachers contacted a local hospital.

The baby had died by the time he was taken to hospital. The baby had been found in a lavatory basin. He weighed about 2,800 grams and an umbilical code was attached to his body.

The girl had attended classes until about 3 p.m. Teachers were unaware of her pregnancy, investigators said. (Mainichi)

June 6, 2007


How do you feel about this news?

Why couldn't she tell anybody around her?
Is it really true that her frinends, parents or teachers didn't notice she was pregnant?
Does the school do sex education enough?

What if you were in the situation like this...?

3 件のコメント:

Chiaki さんのコメント...
このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。
Chiaki さんのコメント...

When I heard this news on TV, I was very shocked.
First of all, I couldn't believe that nobody was aware of her pregnancy. I can't imagine giving birth to a baby by myself. I wonder why she didn't ask for help those around people such as her parents and teachers. I see that like this problem is not so easy to confess to other people, but pregnancy is a grave issue which concerns one's life and a baby’s life, too. Actually, the baby boy’s life was sacrificed in this case. It was so heartrending. I think keenly that the girl student didn’t understand the preciousness of life.

If I faced the situation like this, I would be thrown into a panic and unable to think what to do. Anyway, I would turn to adults for help.

Japan hasn’t been positive about sex education until now. However, we must reconsider and adopt more proper sex education because young people’s pregnancy is increasing year by year.

♡Ayaka,Mai and Mi-na♡ さんのコメント...

I really cant believe that the
high school girl gave birth at school. I think school has to teach about sexual things.